CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Cake Class

I taught my first cake decorating class tonight and it went way better than I thought it would. I've been running around like a mad woman this week and didn't quite have my thoughts together before the class started and I was worried I wouldn't have enough butter cream and supplies. I also had to bring my kids with me and even though my little sister came to help watch them, I thought they'd be awful and distracting. Luckily I was wrong about everything. Some how the class seemed to flow pretty well, there was exactly enough butter cream, and my kids were angels! I taught a group of super fun ladies and had a blast! We worked on butter cream cakes and I demonstrated the fondant. This is the cake I made for the class. I wanted everyone to try a fondant cake to see how cool fondant can be and that it's not as horrible tasting as people say. I promised to post recipes on here and I plan on it but I'm exhausted! Hopefully I'll get it done within the next couple of days. Thanks to everyone who came!

1 comments:

Kelsey said...

Will you be doing another class anytime soon?! I would love to go to one, your cakes are beautiful and I'm really wanting to learn how to use foundant! Email me if you are gonna do a class, clarkandkelsey@yahoo.com....Thanks!!