CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Mickey Mouse Baby Shower

This is the first I've heard of a mother doing Mickey Mouse for the nursery. I think it's a cute idea! I was excited when I got the cake order-I immediately knew I wanted to do the MM ears. The cake flavor is yellow cake with ganache. I get really nervous when I get an order for yellow cake because I have yet to find a recipe to my satisfaction. Flavor-wise is no issue. It's the texture I can't get right but I think that's yellow cake. I've tried at least 2 or more dozen recipes and even tried tweaking my own. I found a great white cake recipe but the yellow is still up in the air. Grrrr. If anyone knows a good one, let me know.

2 comments:

Abram and Ashley said...

we liked the yellow cake! and of course the decoration was very cute too! Good job!

Spier Family said...

Sorry it took so long to leave you a comment! We all loved this cake. Yellow is a hit with us! and it was so dang cute! Thanks!